Who we are
Dave has been doing the pastor gig long enough to forget that he used to have a real job designing business processes. He has led small and medium-sized churches around America and in Asia. He's crazy about his two daughters and loves his wife more and more each day. He enjoys swimming, playing golf (albeit poorly) and reading, especially a good spy novel. Dave has a fascination with abiding in Jesus as well as the character, beauty, and love of his heavenly Father.
He grew up in a pastor’s home the youngest of nine brothers and sisters; at fourteen he knew God was calling him, and he responded with – ‘Lord send me anywhere you want; I just don’t want to be a pastor like my dad!’ Since then, he has stopped offering God conditions. Dave has a passion for soul care and spiritual direction, studing with Larry Crabb, and received a Master's degree in Christian counseling from Cairn University. His other passion is for God’s Word and the missional movement of the church around the world; to that end he studied Bible and world cultures at Columbia International University and is doing doctoral work at George Fox Evengelical Seminary studying contextualized ministry for God's displaced and global people scattered around the world.
Henry's Bio Quiz - True or False?
1. Henry is a Baytown native and is living in the house he grew up in.
2. Henry has been married for over 20 years and has two awesome daughters.
3. Henry has served in various ministry positions such as youth minister, worship leader, church planter, pastor, and traveling youth speaker evangelist guy.
4. Henry's favorite author is C.S. Lewis, attested by the fact that he is in the process of reading everything that Lewis ever wrote, in chronological order, of course.
5. While in college, Henry was offered two recording contracts by rap/hiphop music labels.
6. While in high school and college, Henry drove a 1966 pink Cadillac convertible.
7. Henry is currently employed by Lexmark International where he manages Lexmark resellers for about half of Texas
8. Henry believes it's all about Jesus and loves preaching the grace-plus-nothing gospel.
Post-it notes and Jesus hold Judy’s life together as she serves ABC as office administrator. She was hired in 1990 when she and her family moved to Baytown from the Midwest. Her heart still warms at the thought of her hometown, St. Paul, MN. Judy has been trained in healing prayer and ministers to individuals as God puts hurting people in her path. In her spare time, you will find her watching sports (Go, Texans! Go, Astros! Go, Rockets! ), reading, spending time with grandkids, and deepening her intimate relationship with chocolate. Oh, how sweet it is!
Viandra Brooks moved to Baytown in 1998 and has been a part of Alliance Bible Church ever since. She is a graduate of Lee College and University of Houston Clear Lake with degrees in Business Administration and Marketing. She is a new mom discovering the joys of raising a baby boy with the help of her wonderful husband. One of her favorite annual projects is packing shoebox donations for Operation Christmas Child to help spread the news of Jesus to children around the world. When she is not cleaning baby bottles or washing onesies, she enjoys cooking, baking, sharing meals with others, and gardening.